What Is My Local Archiver?
The My Local Archiver web directory will help consumers discover your business as they search the web for archiving + digitizing services. This site is packed with powerful SEO and will drive interest to your locations through organic and paid online marketing.
EVERY IPI MEMBER IS GIVEN A COMPLIMENTARY BASIC LISTING.
IPI – Member Network will promote My Local Archiver on an international level and highlight the importance of using a local provider. The site will outshine online box scanning providers such as Legacy Box, iMemories and Kodak Box because of your ability to offer personalized local service (no shipping or limitations of a box/package), custom solutions like organizing/restoration and creative products like photo books/video productions. None of the online competitors are offering these services. This gives IPI members a HUGE advantage.
Partners are asked to follow these key service standards in order to provide the best customer experience.
Update Your Listing
Review your listing for accuracy, add photo and check email contact field. Watch video tutorial for complete instructions.
*PREMIUM LISTING is coming soon!
Download these useful tools to include with each completed project: thank you note, next steps insert and offer inserts.
How do I update my listing?
Step-by-step instructions are provided below or watch this VIDEO TUTORIAL: "How to Edit a Basic Listing".
Update your listing anytime by logging in with your credentials at https://mylocalarchiver.com/wp-login.php.
LOCATE YOUR CREDENTIALS
1. The business owner for your location received an email titled "Welcome to My Local Archiver" in June of 2020 (unless you joined IPI after June 2020). Your company log in credentials are included with that email.
Log in here: https://mylocalarchiver.com/wp-login.php
Once logged into your Word Press profile, you may wish to replace the owner's email with a manager or customer service team member's address to allow them to manage the credentials and log in going forward.
2. From your Word Press profile screen, click the "My Local Archiver" link in the upper left corner. This will take you to the live site and allow you to edit your listing.
3. Go to the "Locations" button in the upper right corner of the site's home page. From there, search for your country, region or state to locate your listing.
4. Once you locate your listing, click the blue "edit" button. This will expand your listing information and allow you to edit it.
5. IMPORTANT - Click the "Archiving" radio button near the top of the screen. Edits will not be saved unless this button is checked. Work you way down the page to review the information for accuracy and edit if necessary.
6. IMPORTANT - We recommend that you change the web address so that the consumer is taken directly into the Archiving/Scanning Services section of your website. This will help them reach key information about your services more quickly. For example: www.deansphoto.com/scanning
7. IMPORTANT - By default, the business owner's email address is listed in the Email field. We recommend changing that to a manager, customer service representative or lab technition who can manage incoming requests from clients quickly.
8. Add a photo of your business to your listing. Size the image 250x250 pixels and upload it using the instructions on screen.
9. SAVE the edits and your listing will be updated immediately.
If you need assistance OR email email@example.com.
How should I handle projects that I'm unable to produce in-house?
IPI has a network of trusted Supplying Partners and members who can fulfill unique archiving requests that you may not be able to manage in-house. Never turn a client away because you may not offer a service on site. Instead, reach out to fellow members and Supplying Partners on the IPI online Forum or via email to discuss ways to complete the project.
Because the My Local Archiver concept is centered around keeping projects local, be mindful in how you address the need to outsource some of their work. Here is an example of how to respond in this case:
“We unfortunately do not provide that service here in-house. However, we have an excellent provider in (location) that handles that for us.” Explain why using that provider through you is better than shipping to an online competitor. What will you do to ensure that the order is safe?
How can I expand my archiving abilities?
There are several ways you can enhance your offerings and become a higher-level expert. Here are a few suggestions:
- Review and enhance your entire archiving service channel. Review pricing, service details, website, packaging, deliverables, and internal processes to become highly effective and efficient.
- Partner with, or become, a Professional Photo Organizer so that you can offer ongoing analog and digital photo management solutions to your clients. If you don't have the time to do this, empower a trusted team member to do so.
- Train your team to become consultants and not order takers. Sit down with the client, get to know their needs and offer the right solutions. Learn to upsell multiple copies of files, suugest a custom photobook and help them create keepsakes.
- Create a highly-visible archiving display in your location. The IPI MSP program has a FREE downloadable archiving display available to MSP participants.
How will the Premium listing help me?
THIS OPTION IS NOT YET AVAILABLE.
A Premium listing includes several upgrades that are designed to attract more views and set your business apart from fellow partners in your area. Here are some of the ways you can maximize your Premium listing features:
5 photos - Show images of your store, customer projects, your team members or your facility to showcase your abilities. The right imagery will have you looking like a true professional in this space.
Google Map to your location - Clients who find you on their mobile device can quickly navigate to your location to drop off their project or meet with you.
300-Word Description - Highlight your archiving capabilities with a description or bullet points that assure a potential client that you are the right business with which to work. Include information like # of years in business, quality control details, custom solutions, specialized service and other details that will help them choose you.
Discount/Promotion - Use a portion of your 300-word description to list a promotion or discount, if you wish. If a prospective client is looking at various providers in the same geographic area - yours will stand out if you have an offer available. For example: "First time clients who mention this listing will receive 20% off their order."
Enhanced SEO - Search engines will pick up keywords and phrases from your listing. Include commonly searched terms and your city/state for additional impact. Examples include: "Photo scanning services in Knoxville, Tennessee." or "Digitizing home movies and photos in the St. Louis, Missouri area since 1986."
Social Media Links - Your Premium listing includes links to your Facebook and Instagram accounts that will help increase followers.
How will people find my listing?
My Local Archiver will promote archiving on an international level and highlight the importance of using a local provider. The site will outshine online box scanning providers such as Legacy Box, iMemories and Kodak Box because of your ability to offer personalized local service (no shipping or limitations of a box/package), custom solutions like organizing/restoration and creative print products like photo books/video productions. None of the online competitors are offering these services. This gives IPI members a HUGE advantage.
IPI is investing resources to market this directory through various online channels, including Google and Facebook using keywords and paid search.
Can I opt out if I don't offer these services?
Of course! Using the login credentials you received from an email titled "Welcome to My Local Archiver" - log in, locate your listing and click the delete button. Remove My Listing Video Tutorial >
What Best Practices can I put in place to maximize this benefit?
As part of the My Local Archiver program, we ask that providers work to enhance the following practices to guarantee an over the top, amazing consumer experience, ensure future business and solicit good reviews.
- Offer cloud file delivery and other cloud management options. (IMPORTANT)
- Review/update my deliverable media (DVD, thumbdrive, etc.)
- Add a call to action button for “Schedule a Consultation” or “Call Now” on your website’s archiving page(s). For clients who find you on mobile, this will make it easier to contact you.
- As an expert and enthusiast, creatively collaborate with clients, providing exceptional and personalized service. You are not just an order taker!
- Give a personalized thank you note with every project. (Available through IPI)
- Include a “next steps” insert with every completed project. (Available through IPI)
- Consider adding premium services such as:
- Photo organizing (or refer to local provider)
- Digital file management (file naming, folder naming, tagging, etc.)
- Sorting and prep services – for a handling fee
- Personalized and safe pick up + delivery
- Virtual (online video) consultations
- Follow My Local Archiver on social media!
I've recently moved and/or contact information is incorrect.
No problem! We'd like to get our IPI internal database updated with your new information as soon as possible. Then, we can assist you in updating that information on My Local Archiver. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will people find me?
IPI promotes your business using keywords and paid search.
A potential client will find your location in the directory listing.
Client will contact you or visit your physical location.
Meet our worldwide network of independent local archivists.
Over 500 expert locations in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Aruba and Mexico